Osano is hiring a senior technical leader who has scaled engineering teams at a hypergrowth B2B SaaS startup. The position will report directly to a highly technical, product-focused CEO and will be responsible for representing the technology function at a board level.
This engineering leader isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves, take on the challenges thrown their way and work aggressively. The role requires a seasoned strategic leader with a broad, well-rounded set of skills, the highest level of integrity and energy, passion and enthusiasm to learn new things and take on high-growth responsibilities, and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
Osano is consistently innovating and delivering new features to its core suite of products and we want to accelerate our delivery of new products to this fast-growing market. Osano's engineering teams work in small, concentrated teams to constantly improve our codebase and have amassed a large backlog of interesting technical puzzles and product initiatives.
You’ll start day zero with a team of outstanding engineers and you’ll inherit a roster of top-tier customers ranging from the best of the Fortune 500 to many of the most well-known technology companies in the world.
The data privacy software category is driven by new and expanding regulations around the world and even on a state-by-state level. This patchwork of laws and the complexity of complying with each of them has created an extraordinary demand for our products.
Osano values candidates from all walks of life and is focused on building a diverse team. If you are interested in being part of our inclusive, mission-driven, venture-backed tech startup, where you can do good and do well, say hi!
- Goals and Vision
- Establish the technical vision, aligning with company goals and vision
- Establish both the short-term, deliverable-focused vision and long-term vision
- Help team and company understand the vision
- Stay on top of technical trends and efficiencies
- Develop the technical team
- Hold the team accountable
- Develop and coach the team
- Provide performance reviews
- Ensure the technical team understands how their work meets the company’s vision and goals
- Develop a succession plan
- Develop a human capital plan for scale
- Develop different product teams, if appropriate
- Enable others to do the work, even if you are more technically capable
- Be ultimately responsible for all technical development within the company
- Contribute at a C-Level to think cross-functionally
- Able to communicate complex ideas in a simple, easy-to-understand manner
- Collaboration with other teams (sales, marketing, product, etc.) to ensure timely and on-goal solutions
- Help different leaders understand the technical process and keep them abreast of progress updates, important milestones
- Develop the Technical Financial Plan and Strategy
- Guide the setting of short-term and longer-term financial objectives for the technical team
- Develop a cost-efficient strategy for meeting technical goals and trade-offs:
- Direct-hire/onshoring/offshoring strategy
- Open-source vs. licensed
- Security vs. scalability
- 5+ years of technical leadership in a Development role managing/directing 20+ people
- Experience scaling teams rapidly
- Ability to balance the high quality required for established products while simultaneously prioritizing speed of development on new products (e.g. how fast can you get a minimum loveable product out the door?)
- Excited by pod structures for engineering teams
- Experience leading engineering teams at a high growth, early-stage, B2B SaaS company
- Expert knowledge of modern development techniques, processes, and tools
- Hands-on experience implementing architecture across a product line
- Comfortable taking ownership of deliverables with a "the buck stops here" mentality
- Proven track record of implementing best practices in development teams
- Proven track record of delivering well-tested, high-quality code to production environments.
- Proven track record of delivering products that customers love
- Hands-on experience working directly with product management
- Experience with developing customer-facing products and managing a team of engineers who do the same
- Experience with AWS and microservices
- Experience evaluating and recommending development frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with application development on the web
- Ownership interest/equity in the company
- Unlimited time-off policy
- Sponsored health insurance
- Fully and permanently remote company
- B-corp with a mission that matters
Osano is an Austin area startup focused on creating transparency in data. Osano is a B-corp (public benefit corp) which means that, although we are a for-profit company, we are mission-oriented and we wake up every morning with the goal of doing well by doing good.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying