Osano is hiring a VP of Engineering to lead our growing Engineering team and continue building our platform. Osano's entire team is distributed and always has been. You must be comfortable managing teams remotely and working remotely yourself.
Osano is consistently innovating and delivering new features to its suite of products and we want to accelerate our delivery of products to this fast-growing market. Osano's engineering teams work in small, concentrated teams to constantly improve our codebase and have amassed a large backlog of interesting technical puzzles and product initiatives. We want to strengthen our market leadership position where we lead and enter new categories where we are viewed as challengers.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, passionate, and creative VP Engineering to help us build a quality-focused culture and create best-in-class enterprise software.
As the VP of Engineering reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for advocating new technologies and processes while releasing quality products on-time and balancing technical debt. You will be a hands-on leader & inspirer who is technically adept and has the desire and capability to mentor every amazing human on the team.
Osano is a product-led culture which means all aspects of the product – product management, product development, quality assurance are one team, passionate about building, and delivering a world-class product by being a predictable, engineering machine that delivers high-quality code on time. You will lead the engineering portion of the team, helping drive and maintain that unique culture.
Osano's systems support the highest traffic websites in the world, managing billions of requests per day across an entire suite of products focused on helping companies to comply with data privacy laws.
- Create a world-class product engineering team to support company growth.
- Assess and refine our Agile development process by working with product management, support, development, DevOps, and QA.
- Manage and deliver to KPIs such as estimated to actual, bugs in production, downtime in minutes, response time.
- Build out a professional product development process and execute it.
- Direct your engineering resources by mentoring them and introducing new technologies and processes.
- Direct your engineering resources to become more efficient and help your team leads make better tradeoffs on a week-to-week basis.
- Providing day-to-day direction to your team and working with other internal teams.
- Leadership through data:
- Reflect corporate strategies into tangible metrics that you report on regularly.
- Expose data around the state of the software, team, and processes to your team to empower them to improve.
- Work with the Chief Technology Officer to drive the technical architecture of our platform while balancing technical debt.
- Drive a test-driven development approach.
- Adopt a CI/CD mindset that creates fast deployments, reduces total cost of ownership, and maintains quality.
- Provide hands-on technical oversight for the development, quality, and DevOps team to continue driving the continuous delivery culture.
- Optimize resources to accomplish the greatest value for the business with the most efficient investment of resources.
- Collaborate with all other departments including product, design, business operations, marketing, customer success and finance, and partners with company leadership, stakeholders, and partners.
- 3+ years of technical leadership in a Development role managing/directing 5+ people
- 5+ years being a developer in an enterprise software environment
- Experience leading engineering teams at an early stage B2B SaaS company
- Excellent knowledge of modern development techniques, processes, and tools
- Hands-on experience implementing architecture across a product line
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Experience reporting to the C-suite
- Comfortable taking ownership of deliverables with a "the buck stops here" mentality.
- Proven track record implementing best practices in development
- Proven track record of delivering well tested, high-quality code to production environments
- Proven track record of delivering products that customers love
- Hands-on experience working directly with product management
- Experience with developing customer-facing products and managing a team of engineers who do the same
- Experience with AWS and micro-services
- Experience evaluating and recommending development frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with application development on the web
- Unlimited time-off policy
- Great health Care
- Remote work opportunity
- B-corp with a mission that matters
- Opportunity to define the culture
Osano is an Austin area startup focused on creating transparency in data. Osano is a B-corp (public benefit corp) which means that, although we are a for-profit company, we are mission-oriented and we wake up every morning with the goal of doing well by doing good.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying